SA Accounting Network

Accountants and tax consultants

021 785 3306

Contact Home


In order for you to register your company for company income tax you need to to submit the following documents to SARS in person

Company registration documents

Certified copy of your ID document

Letter from the bank to confirm your bank account

 Proof of residence, which would normally be a original municipal account, or a certified copy of your lease agreement.


Most new companies registered at the Companies Commission (CIPC) get issued with a Company Tax number automatically, and this number is normally emailed to you.

Company income tax returns is due at SARS within 12 months after the financial year end and is submitted via e filing.

Provisional Tax Returns are submitted twice per year during the relevant financial year, on these returns you need to make an estimate of your taxable income and pay company income tax to SARS based on these estimates.

Find the company income tax rates here