SA Accounting Network

Accountants and tax consultants

021 785 3306

REGISTER FOR UIF

We can assist you with your application for UIF and will need to following:


Copy of your ID


Copy of the registration documents in case of a company


Banking details of the company


Address of the company


Summary of salaries, paid, and names, surnames , ID copies and addresses for these employees


Proof of payment


Once we have all the documents we will start with the application process,  we will send you some forms to sign and once we receive it back we will send it to the Unemployment Fund, we will keep you up to date on the progress.


Take note that these are  government departments and it is not possible to give an estimate of how long it will take.


We cal also apply for a UIF number online!

Register for UIF

Uif stands for Unemployment Insurance Fund and is there to give relive to workers when they become unemployed or are unable to work due to maternity leave or illness.


An employer is responsible for registration as soon as someone works more than 24 hours per month.


The amount dueby the employee is 1% of his total salary, with a maximum of R148.72 per month, and the employers also then contributes 1% to the fund, so the total monthly contribution is the 2% of the salaries.


Once an employee becomes unemployed then they can go to their closest UIF office to claim their allowable benefits from the fund.


We can also apply for a UIF number online!


About UIF

ContactHome

UIF Application forms

UI8 for domestic workers

UI8 for Companies

UI 19 form